Business activity Description Issuing agency
If you import or transport animals, animal products, biologics, biotechnology or plants across state line.
Alcoholic beverages
If you manufacture, wholesale, import, or sell alcoholic beverages at a retail location.
If your business involves operating aircraft, transporting goods or people via air, or aircraft maintenance.
Firearms, ammunition and explosives
If your business manufactures, deals, or imports firearms, ammunitions, and explosives.
Fish and wildlife
If your business engages in any wildlife related activity, including the import or export of wildlife and derivative products.
Commercial fisheries
If your business engages in commercial fishing of any kind.
Maritime transportation
If you provide ocean transportation or facilitate the shipment of cargo by sea.
Mining and drilling
If your business is involved in drilling for natural gas, oil, or other mineral resources on federal lands.
Nuclear energy
If your business produces commercial nuclear energy, is a fuel cycle facility, or is involved in distribution and disposal of nuclear materials.
Radio and television broadcasting
If your business broadcasts information by radio, television, wire, satellite, or cable.
Transportation and logistics
If your business operates an oversize or overweight vehicle. Permits for oversize and overweight vehicles are issued by your state government, but the U.S. Department of Transportation can direct you to the correct state office.